If you are looking to insure your vehicle, have a look at the following five tips to find low rate car insurance in South Africa to help you to find the most affordable cover possible.
There are many different vehicle insurance policies to consider from a wide range of different insurance companies. It is important to consider your options and work out exactly what you are looking for before you sign up for an insurance policy.
What to do before looking for an affordable insurance policy
Before you begin your search for an insurance policy make sure you take the following steps:
- Take a look at your finances, work out your monthly expenditure and decide what the most you could possibly spend on car insurance is. This will be your absolute limit when it comes to choosing a policy.You obviously want to find a policy that has cheaper rates than these, but you will at least know what you can afford to spend if you were forced to spend more.
- Think about what type of motor insurance you want. What do you need to be covered for? What are you most at risk of? Have a look at the different types of policy on offer.Do you think you have to go for full cover or could you quite happily go with third party cover?
- Take a look at your vehicle and what you do with it. Does your vehicle have an alarm system? Do you park it in a garage or on the street? How often do you use it and on what sort of roads? Does anyone else drive your car?Any potential insurer will ask you these questions and the safer your car is, the lower your rates will be. It is definitely a good idea to try to get your car as safe as possible before you look for an insurance policy.
Your five tips to find low rate car insurance
Finding the cheapest possible car insurance will often mean looking very hard in a range of different places.
You will usually have to peruse the internet and do a lot of searching before you find the right policy for you. It may require a bit of hard work, but finding the best possible insurance rate will be worth it in the long run.
- The first thing to do, as mentioned above already, is to make your car as safe as possible. Get a car alarm, make sure you have somewhere safe to park it and drive on the safest possible roads.
- The second step in finding the most affordable car insurance, is to compare as many quotes as possible. Use a quote comparing website to find the best possible options for you, and then still look for more.
- You could opt to pay a higher excess rate in the event of an accident, as this will bring your monthly premium down very low. However, you must then be prepared with a savings account or something similar in case you are involved in a serious accident with serious and expensive damages.
- Get your car insurance online as many online companies offer discounts to customers who go through the internet.
- Drive a smaller car with a smaller engine. Generally, this will lower your monthly premiums and you will have saved money on the purchase of the car itself.
There are several other tips and tricks that you should keep in mind when trying to get affordable vehicle insurance including limiting the number of people that you allow to drive your car, limiting the amount of driving you do to bring down your average annual mileage and choosing a vehicle colour that stands out as many vehicles of certain colours are hijack and theft targets.
Whatever company you decide to go with, remember to always read the fine print on any agreement and to use your head when making your choice.